About Center for Cancer Disparities Research (CCDR)
About the Center
The Center for Cancer Disparities Research (CCDR), established in 2006, is located at California State University, Fullerton and is housed in the College of Health and Human Development.
The mission of CCDR is to promote scholarship and creative activities to improve the cancer-related health and well-being of ethnic minorities and other underserved populations.
The CCDR goals are to:
- Advance interdisciplinary, cancer-related research;
- Educate students and faculty on preventative measures;
- Raise community awareness about cancer and cancer prevention;
- Collaborate with community leaders to address critical, cancer-related need and issues for underserved populations;
- Raise public awareness about cancer through educational workshops and events.